Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bucket List #79 CHECK.

I made me a Bucket List a little ways back. And last Saturday I was able to knock off #79. 
To shoot at, and hit a clay pigeon.

My family was all vacationing in Bear Lake, as we often do, and we all decided to go shooting, as we have never before done. Both my brothers and their wives came, as well as my younger sister and my wonderful father. We had 8 guns, hundreds of clay pigeons and thousands of bullets.

Basically, in my lack of shooting experience I thought that hitting a clay pigeon would be disastrously difficult. That morning I was anticipating that I would have to practice in vein the whole time and not hit a darn thing. 
To my surprise it was actually a lot easier than I imagined. I hit one on my very first try! 
Rick, my older brother. Bryce, my younger brother, and my Dad. 
I loved yelling PULL. 
I loved playing cleanup and even cleaned up my brother a time or two! 
I loved unloading the bullets to find a large gust of smoke. 
It was one of the more pleasurable activities I've been able to do with my family. 
I'm for sure a fan. 
And with an accuracy of about 75% I gave everyone a surprised run for their money.  


Now, shooting the handgun... well that was another story. A much more difficult one. I'm afraid that my accuracy on that one was about 1%.
Maybe after I start working on #73 I will get a better accuracy percentage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment